- The Festival is dedicated to audio-visual works, which tell artisans reality. It aims to discover the linked activities and to connect artisan life to the territory and to the community it belongs to. It also tries to establish a social, cultural and historical enhancement, in order to portrait an ancient reality, which is at the same time well rooted into our present days
- 18th November 2018, 23.59 (GMT+0). Submissions received after this time cannot be considered
- There is no entry fee. Submission should be made on the website www.shortfilmdepot.com, through the purchase of a stamp that allows the jury to view the films in the preview format. The upload of data (personal data, contact information, and multimedia data) on external websites except the current website (www.artigff.com) is therefore not pertinent to Associazione Artigiani di Brescia e Provincia. Likewise Associazione Artigiani di Brescia e Provincia is not responsible for the rules and methods of uploading on external websites.
- Only after the organizers’ confirmation of acceptance, selected applicants can send the file in DCP (Interop o SMPTE), FullHD 1920x1080px ProRes, DNxHD, h264 in .mov. The upload of the data for the selection committee on the external website www.shortfilmdepot.com should be made by the applicants, who respond in their own content and relieve the Associazione Artigiani di Brescia e Provincia of any responsibility.
- Fiction works, video clips, documentaries and animation works can participate and must be made after 1st January 2018
- The Festival is open to videomakers from all over the world, individuals or collective, but also to schools, film schools, fine arts academies and universities
- Applicants must be over 18 years old, when they apply
- Works should not last more than 45 minutes
- All works in languages other than Italian must include subtitles in any of these languages
- Each applicant can participate with no more than 2 works
- Each applicant is responsible and accounts for the content of his/her own works
- Applicants, by submitting their works, authorize the organizers’ re-elaboration, respecting the integrity of the works and the authors themselves, of fragments of their works to show as promotion of the Festival
- The cinematographic works, which are sent, could be used in different contexts for cultural and didactics purposes for a maximum of 3 non-profit public projections, ruling out the possibility of any commercial use by the Festival itself
- Applicants grant the screening of the work during the evening of the Festival that will take place at the Castle of Padernello, in the province of Brescia, in autumn 2018
Selection mode and awards assignments
- Works respecting all submitting rules will be judge and selected by a committee of experts, appointed by Associazione Artigiani di Brescia and chaired by the Association’s President. Works will be chosen at the incontestable discretion of the committee
- The award ceremony will take place during the final evening, in autumn 2018, together with the partial showing of the awarded works
- The prizes will be delivered directly to the winners or to their delegates
- The non-presence of the interested parties implies the non-attribution of the prize. Only for international winners who are not physically present, a plaque showing their victory will be sent to them
- It’s expected a two-night stay for winners and their possible companions in Padernello (BS) at the guest house Il fornello with accomodation at the expense of Associazione Artigiani. There will be also some planned activities, including a visit to the Association and a meeting with the committee after the award ceremony
Copyright and personal data
- The applicant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If in the work there is something held by a third party, a permission from the copyright holder is required. Permission must be obtained from the copyright holder for the use of any video, music or any other content used in the submitted work. The applicant takes sole responsibility of resolving any third party‘s claims of infringement of rights and/or claims for damages. The Associazione Artigiani and the Festival’s organizers shall not be held accountable in the event of any dispute.
- Directors, producers or otherwise rights’ holders authorize the publication of their data on the Festival website and their possible diffusion to the press for promotional purposes, as well as the registration to the festival’s mailing list according to the law. The personal data supplied with the contest’s participation provided by the participants on the www.shortfilmdepot.com portal may in fact also be used by the Associazione Artigiani di Brescia e Provincia exclusively for communications relating to the festival. In accordance with and for the effects of the EU Regulation 2016/679 on data protection, we inform you that the data entered will be treated in full compliance with the law. The communication of email addresses expresses the consent to the processing of personal data for the sole purpose of receiving information on the Artigianato Film Festival and its initiatives.
Contest’s participation is free and it implies the unconditional acceptance of these rules. The Festival management has the right of final decision on everything not expressly specified in these rules.